Date:      Fri, 30 Jan 2009 18:32:32 +0000
From:      Ulf Lilleengen <ulf.lilleengen@gmail.com>
To:        Jason Hitt <jhitt@illumasys.com>
Cc:        freebsd-geom@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: graid5 patch

On Tue, Jan 27, 2009 at 10:06:17PM -0600, Jason Hitt wrote:
> I'm working on replacing my aging fileserver and have set my sights on
> using graid5 (based on my past usage of the system).  Unfortunately, i'm
> coming up quite short in terms of actually finding this module, even as
> a patch!
>
> My questions:
>     1) Can someone post a link to the existing source (preferably all
> three versions, "classic", "TNG", and "PP")
>     2) Does this project have any sort of real project structure to it,
> with release cycles and/or dedicated developers?
>     3) If the answer to 2 is "yes", is there any timeline for it to be
> added to the official source tree?
>
> Regarding 2 and 3 - if there is not an official project for this, would
> anyone else be interested in helping me set one up?  I don't have a
> massive amount of free time, but i am a developer and have a vested
> interest in seeing the project succeed, so i would be more than willing
> to at least set up a more official project page for this critical module
> and help maintain the codebase.

I started on some initial work on integration in a perforce branch a month
ago, but it's not very prioritized atm :) Basically, I want to look over the
code and make some things simpler where possible and make the code as
readable as possible for others. I hope to bring it into a subversion branch
eventually, but people who would like to help are welcome :)

--
Ulf Lilleengen