Date:      Wed, 30 Sep 2015 12:41:47 +0300
From:      Stefan Parvu <sparvu@kronometrix.org>
To:        freebsd-arm@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: compile perl on RPI2 failure in opbasic/arith.t

> Have you tried installing perl 5.20 using the ports tree?

nope. We are shipping our own Perl distro + modules for KDR (Kronometrix
Data Recording pkg) as described here:
http://www.kronometrix.org/man/faq.html

"Another important reason was customer's environment, for example in the
financial and banking sector. Usually such customers do not allow easily
to add or install certain Perl5 modules on top of the operating system.
Even more they have very strong requirements what operating system
packages they manage.

In early times, Kronometrix was around 400KB in size. After approaching
large bank customers we needed to re-tink and adopt another mechanism to
deploy Kronometrix in such networks."

I could look to see whats cooking in ports for perl, sure. Perl5
compiles nicely on raspbian, should be as well on FreeBSD. Something
probable about default configuration options passed during Configure

--
Stefan Parvu <sparvu@kronometrix.org>