Date:      Mon, 04 Oct 1999 00:23:24 -0400
From:      Alex V P <alex@big-blue.net>
To:        chris@tourneyland.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Problem installing PHP + MySQL

chris@tourneyland.com wrote:

> >same happend here. I solve the problem reinstaling mysql apache and php from
> >source. first mysql then php apache procedure.
> >i tryed couple of times installing it from ports and never worked for me
> >alex
>
> Phew! I'm glad I'm not crazy. Thanks!
>
> To be clear, what you're suggesting is . . .
>
> 1) Reinstall mysql
> 2) Reinstall php, using the 'for Apache' procedure.
>
> (I can leave Apache as is)
>
> Also, do the installs from the tarball sources, and not from ports.
>
> Do I have to 'uninstall' anything? If so, how? (It seems as if maybe
> FreeBSD doesn't have the notion of 'uninstalling'). If not, I'm considering
> a clean FreeBSD reinstall to get rid of any possible probs. Of course,
> maybe that's the Windows guy in me talking . . .
>
> Thanks again,
> Chris

because I messed up my FreeBSD box ;-) i just went in there and rm all the files
under respective directoryes. after that I install mysql from source and started
mysql server. then I made a fresh install for php and apache from source. If you
follow instruction in INSTALL file ( when you unpack php is in the php dir) you
shouldn't have any problems.
i'm running php with mysql and apache for abt 3 months now and i'm very happy
;-).
if you need additional help, let me know.
alex
p.s. sorry for my English ;-)