Date:      25 Jul 2002 20:00:49 -0400
From:      Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
To:        sroberts@dsl.pipex.com
Cc:        FreeBSD User Questions List <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>, freebsd-gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Newly installed 4.6Stable+gnome1.4x = Broken Sawfish

--=-J8tCQxfMrt0zsb15+Xfp

On Thu, 2002-07-25 at 17:49, sroberts@dsl.pipex.com wrote:
>=20
> Hello,
>      First of all I'd like to thank the list members that have taken the =
time=20
> to assist me in getting to the stage where I have a stable system now.
>=20
> I'm having problems getting gnome / Sawfish to play together though. I=20
> gnomecontrolcenter, I have selected Sawfish as the current window manager=
, but=20
> when I click the Sawfish configuration tool, I get a beep, and the=20
> error: "Sawfish isn't running."
>=20
> Could someone let me know if I've missed something out, or what I might c=
heck=20
> in order to get Sawfish set up as the default window manager for my gnome=
-
> 1.4_latest, please?

Did you update librep _after_ compiling sawfish?  If so, recompile
sawfish, and your problem should be fixed.  If not, please send me
either your ~/.gnomerc-errors (if running gdm) or the output from the
console when trying to start sawfish (if you don't see any errors, bring
up an xterm, and run sawfish manually).  Thanks.

Joe

>=20
> Thanks again..,
>=20
> Stacey
>=20
>=20
>=20
> with "unsubscribe freebsd-gnome" in the body of the message
>=20

--=-J8tCQxfMrt0zsb15+Xfp

--=-J8tCQxfMrt0zsb15+Xfp--