Date:      Tue, 29 Feb 2000 21:31:26 -0700
From:      "Kenneth D. Merry" <ken@kdm.org>
To:        Juergen Lock <nox@jelal.kn-bremen.de>
Cc:        freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: running a cleaning tape with chio (not!)

On Wed, Mar 01, 2000 at 02:01:08 +0100, Juergen Lock wrote:
> Hi!
>
>  Is this supposed to work?  it didn't for me today, it did load it
> and also print on the console its a cleaning tape, but when the
> drive ejected it after doing its thing (normal behaviour with
> cleaning tapes at least on dds drives), it tried to load it again. :(
>
>  This is a 6-slot hp dds2 autoloader, and 3.4-stable...

Did you try to do I/O to the drive while the cleaning tape was in?  The
only reason you would have gotten an error message that a cleaning tape was
installed would be in response to a command to the tape drive.

My guess is that your problem is that your autoloader is configured in
autoloader mode instead of changer mode or something.

The fact that your cleaning tape got inserted again is likely the
autoloader's problem, not FreeBSD's problem.  FreeBSD just does what you
tell it to do. :)

Ken
--
Kenneth Merry