Date:      Sat, 13 May 2006 10:57:38 -0400
From:      Robert Huff <roberthuff@rcn.com>
To:        FreeBSD Questions mail-list <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Dead tree documentation

> As for general un*x books that are not FreeBSD-specific, the
> single best one I've used is _Essential_System_Administration_ by
> Aeleen Frisch. As a newbie I found this book enormously helpful
> and well worth having.

	My vote: _Unix Systems Administration Handbook_ by Nemeth et
alia.  The third edition, now five years old, needs an update but is
still my "stranded on a desert island"* choice.

					Robert Huff

* - You will be stranded on a desert island with disfunctional Unix
systems not of your choosing. You may take one printed book to help
you get them working.