Date:      Thu, 16 Feb 1995 06:23:31 -0500 (EST)
From:      Denis Fortin <fortin@zap.zap.qc.ca>
To:        perry@imsi.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: BSD for DEC Alpha

> (Awaiting rifle shots for having mentioned NetBSD here...)

I don't think that it would be forbidden to mention NetBSD here.  If you
want to ask about NetBSD, it's not the right place (there's a separate
group of mailing lists for that), but I don't think anybody here would
dispute the fact that the NetBSD effort exists as a parallel effort to
FreeBSD, with slightly different goals, successes, and problems than
FreeBSD (among the goals being the intent to port to tons of different
platforms).

Denis, not speaking officially for anyone...
--
Denis Fortin                                                    fortin@acm.org
DMR Group Inc, (514) 877-3301                        These opinions are my own