Date:      Thu, 9 Jan 1997 14:03:38 -0800 (PST)
From:      "David E. O'Brien" <obrien>
To:        chuckr@glue.umd.edu (Chuck Robey)
Cc:        imp@village.org, ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Niklas Hallqvist: archivers/hpack.non-usa.only

> > : I don't know ... does sys/param.h exist on _every_ last system that has
> > : unix or __unix__ defined?  If not, the code above is a fatal error, and no
> > : good.  If it's guaranteed true, it's fine, and I'd use it.
> >
> > It does seem to exist on almost every unix system today.  I'm in the
> > process of looking for examples that aren't true.  I'd say that at
> > least 99.999% of all systems that define unix or __unix__ have
> > sys/param.h based on my porting experiences.

If this is truely the case, I *really* like it.  Ok, I'll look on the non
FreeBSD machines I have access to.  If I don't hear good things about
sys/param.h by tomarrow morning (PST), then I'll talk with the other *BSD's
and try to get them to included this.  Otherwise, I'll try to prophose it.

> deciding whether to include param.h for a long time.  If Satoshi agrees
> with this method too, we oughta enshrine it in the porting section of the
> handbook.

If everyone agrees, I'll even take the time to add this as soon as I get
back on Saturday.

-- David