Date:      Tue, 4 Sep 2012 23:03:05 -0300
From:      Mario Lobo <lobo@bsd.com.br>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Firefox install problem

First, thanks for replying !

On Tue, 04 Sep 2012 21:14:06 -0400
Lowell Gilbert <freebsd-questions-local@be-well.ilk.org> wrote:

> Mario Lobo <lobo@bsd.com.br> writes:
>
> > env:
> > FBSD 8.3-STABLE AMD64
> > Firefox 15 port
> >
> > The problem seems to be with the porting itself.
> >
> > The first problem showed up during configure. Libvpx could not be
> > found and configure stops.
> > After examining Config.Log, I found  a compiler switch like this:
> >
> > -L/usr/local/lib/nss
> >
> > I made a symlink there to libvpx.so and the port compiled without
> > errors.
>
> That's an incredibly ugly solution;

I can't disagree with that! but hey, the problem was getting to compile
correctly and, in the absence of the right knowledge and the presence
of need, that did it.

> if the vpx port were installed
> correctly, it would have been detected, so you're probably just
> hiding a real problem.

The problem is libvpx.so is CORRECTLY installed
under /usr/local/lib/vpx, together with all the other correctly
installed libraries on my system so most certainly there is something
uglier than my hack here.

> > Then after issuing a make install, this comes up everytime:
> >
> > [Snip]
> > a ./searchplugins/yahoo.xml
> > a ./dictionaries/en-US.aff
> > a ./dictionaries/en-US.dic
> > a ./defaults/pref
> > a ./defaults/pref/channel-prefs.js
> > a ./chrome/icons
> > a ./chrome/icons/default
> > a ./chrome/icons/default/default16.png
> > a ./chrome/icons/default/default32.png
> > /bin/rm -f /usr/ports/www/firefox/work/fake/lib/pkgconfig
> > cd: can't cd to /usr/ports/www/firefox/work/fake/include
> > *** Error code 2
> >
> > Stop in /usr/ports/www/firefox.
> > *** Error code 1
> >
> > Stop in /usr/ports/www/firefox.
> >

> You've done something really weird (in particular, the "work/fake"
> directory would not exist or be referenced in a normal ports
> installation). Try emptying your /etc/make.conf and starting from
> scratch.

All I've done was "csup -L 2 ports-supfile" with ports-www in it.
Then cd /usr/ports/www/firefox; make with default options.

As for my /etc/make.conf

CPUTYPE?=nocona
OVERRIDE_LINUX_BASE_PORT=f10
OVERRIDE_LINUX_NONBASE_PORTS=f10
WITH_KDE4=yes
WITH_CUPS=yes
WITH_ICONS=KDE4
WITHOUT_GNOME=yes
PYTHON_DEFAULT_VERSION=python2.7
PERL_VERSION=5.10.4

If it is its fault, it will be the first time in around 3,5 years.

--
Mario Lobo
http://www.mallavoodoo.com.br