Date:      Thu, 1 Aug 1996 00:35:11 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Mark Mayo <mark@quickweb.com>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Migrating BSDI 1.1 Passwords

Hi all, I have a BSDI 1.1 server with about 3000 users... I REALLY want to
move it to FreeBSD (2.1.5), but I'm concerned about the password files.

I know FreeBSD ships with MD5, and I'm in Canada so that means I can
safely use DES crypt routines - but does that mean I can use password
files that are DES encrypted?? (i.e. BSDI 1.1)

Has anyone moved BSDI password files to a FreeBSD system? If so, I'd love
to hear about your success (hopefully not failure).

TIA for any help,
-Mark

| Mark Mayo		mark@quickweb.com |
| C-Soft  	        www.quickweb.com  |
"To iterate is human, to recurse divine."
		- L. Peter Deutsch