Date:      Mon, 4 Sep 2000 12:04:57 -0700 (PDT)
From:      David Babler <dbabler@Rigel.orionsys.com>
To:        ISP <freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Email virus scanning

I'm currently working with another small ISP, trying to convert much of
his operation from NT-based to FreeBSD. He would like to move away from
the proprietary email solution he has, but there's a sticking point - he
offers, as a distinguishing service, email virus scanning for all user
email. He's using Trend's ServerSafe (I belive that's the name). In
looking for a solution with FreeBSD I quickly found that most all
anti-virus vendors don't seem to understand what sort of a beast an ISP is
for their licensing purposes ("seats"? we don' got no stinkin' seats!).
Also, none of the commercial solutions seem very well suited to actually
integrate with an MTA.

My question is: how many of you virus-scan your customer's email, and what
do you use to do it?

TIA.

-Dave