Date:      Fri, 22 Aug 1997 10:10:13 -0700
From:      Dave Hayes <dave@jetcafe.org>
To:        Mark Tinguely <tinguely@plains.NoDak.edu>
Cc:        hasty@rah.star-gate.com, multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Why don't the sound drivers work with VAT?

> if he is dealing with guspnp-6, remember the PNP code caused the GUS (classic)
> to not be found. I mentioned a hack around it in sys/sound/gus_wave.c
> in the routine gus_wave_init():

Actually the kernel does find the card.

My setup used to work when I had 2.1-STABLE with the old voxware (?)
drivers. I know this is not a hardware thing, nor is the kernel having
a problem finding the card.

I -may- not have my /dev directory set up right, I made /dev/vatio and
I think /dev/audio works....

hokkshideh> ls -l /dev/vatio
crw-rw----  1 root  wheel   25, 128 Jul  2  1996 /dev/vatio
hokkshideh> ls -l /dev/audio
lrwxrwxrwx  1 root  wheel  6 Jul 11 16:56 /dev/audio@ -> audio1
hokkshideh> ls -l /dev/audio1
crw-rw-rw-  1 root  wheel   30,  20 Jul 11 16:57 /dev/audio1

...but I could be loopy on this.
------
Dave Hayes - Altadena CA, USA - dave@jetcafe.org
Freedom Knight of Usenet - http://www.jetcafe.org/~dave/usenet

	   What we see depends on mainly what we look for.