Date:      Wed, 03 Jun 1998 16:00:26 +0200
From:      MITA Yoshio <mita@jp.FreeBSD.org>
To:        admin <admin@bhawono.com>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG, msmith@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Port: staroffice-3.1

StarOffice-4.0 is available via
http://www.stardivision.com/

This version is so easy to install that port is no more necessary:
% tar xzf so40_lnx_01.tar.gz
% cd Office40_Install; ./setup

Everything (130MB) is installed under home directory by default.
$HOME/Office40/bin/soffice launches really nice desktop environment.
As for a new feature, StarOffice-4.0 has powerpoint compatible
presentation software.  This version is more stable than 3.1.

Also note that sharing the same binary by many users is not
successful (by default).  Group level sharing (chmod -R g+w) might
work, I didn't verified because it would be violation of LICENCE.

BTW, doesn't anyone have good news for redistribution licence?:
It's only Caldera which can burn StarOffice Linux version on CDROM
for this moment.  Which means that we have no way to get StarOffice
CDROM than buying Caldera OpenLinux...

Greetings,
---
MITA Yoshio