Date:      Tue, 22 Dec 1998 07:53:52 -0700 (MST)
From:      ML Duke <mlduke@concentric.net>
To:        David <dave@daves-place.com>
Cc:        freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Newbie

On Tue, 22 Dec 1998, David wrote:

> Can I Download and Install FreeBSD and Run it on my Windows98 System,
or will it cause problems, If not I would love to Install it and learn to
use it.
> Thank You

In a word. No. The only "operating system" that runs on another operating
system I can think of, just off hand, is windows, which essentially runs
on dos. FreeBSD is a true, powerful and highly sophisticated operating
system which allows the integrated operation of "programs" or
"applications" or "binaries" such as XWindows which in turn allows the
operation of graphical interface applications such as Netscape.

ML Duke