Date:      Tue, 10 Jun 1997 10:07:35 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Dan Busarow <dan@dpcsys.com>
To:        Joshua Fielden <shag@concentric.net>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: mounting breaks my machine.

On Tue, 10 Jun 1997, Joshua Fielden wrote:
> .... I have upgraded to 2.2.2-Release, and twice after mounting a file
> system <once MSDOS partition, once my old 2.1.5 CD> I have rebooted and
> only root would mount. I would chalk this up to bad luck, but I have

What was the error that fsck reported?

mount is such a commonly used command that it's extremely unlikely
that there are problems with it (excepting MSDOS mounts, and that's
FS problems, not mount).

What is the exact mount command you ran?

Dan
--
 Dan Busarow                                                  714 443 4172
 DPC Systems / Beach.Net                                    dan@dpcsys.com