Date:      Wed, 04 May 2005 09:28:09 -0400
From:      "Justin R. Smith" <jsmith@drexel.edu>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Nvidia driver problem

FreeBSD jsmith.org 5.4-STABLE FreeBSD 5.4-STABLE #0: Wed Apr 27 08:52:02
EDT 2005     jsmith@jsmith.org:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/MYKERNEL  i386

I've noticed an odd problem with the Nvidia driver. I have a GE-Force
400MX board with 128 meg of ram (on the board, 1 gig for the whole
computer).

Some OpenGL applications exhibit a terrible hexagonal distortion --- a
kind of blurry hex grid is superimposed on the image. It's as if I'm
viewing the image through clear glass with hex-ribbing on it.

Applications that exhibit this: the Cube game, and the Doom-3 demo

Applications that work fine: flightgear, OpenGL demos of various kinds.

Any suggestions?