Date:      Wed, 26 Jul 1995 04:38:56 +0000 (WET DST)
From:      Paul LaFollette <lafollet@andante.cis.temple.edu>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Two questions

Hi,
1) Trying to port some code from several years ago that I had running
on a Sparc.  It opens a pipe, sets the descriptor for the read end
to nonblocking and async, and then establishes a signal handler for SIGIO.
On the Sparc it worked, but here, it seems that writing on the write end
never rasies SIGIO.  Any way around this, or do i have to rewrite it to
work with sockets?

2) pppd is up and running happily between my 2.0.5 machines in home and office.
I notice the strange thing, though, that sometimes an ftp from office to
home will just hang after a bit... then perhaps restart very slowly.
However, if i open another window and ping office from home during the transfer,the ftp transfer resumes its normal speed.  Is this normal?

Thanks,
Paul