Date:      Tue, 8 Feb 2000 11:40:45 -0500 (EST)
From:      Mike Squires <msquires@sir-alan.chem.indiana.edu>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: samba 2.0.6 compiled under 3.4-RELEASE - socket errors

> samba 2.0.6 compiled under 3.4-RELEASE won't allow the socket options
> SO_SNDBUF and SO_RCVBUF to be used.  I get the errors
>
> lib/util_sock.c:set_socket_otpions (151)
> 	Failed to set socket option SO_SNDBUF (Error no buffers space available)
> lib/util_sock.c:set_socket_otpions (151)
> 	Failed to set socket option SO_RCVBUF (Error no buffers space available)

These errors are in /var/log/log.smb, and occur with the 3.4-RELEASE
kerel.GENERIC and the precompiled verson of samba 2.0.6, samba 2.0.6
compiled from -current, and the versions of samba compiled from the
ports.  Using a recompiled custom kernel does not help; they do not occur
under 3.3-RELEASE.

I assume that I need to do a "send-pr" to report a bug in the 3.4-RELEASE
version of samba 2.0.6.

Hardware is an Everex PO-6200/EVX-3 MB, dual PPro 200, 64MB, Adaptec 2940U/
Adaptec 2944UW with NEC 6X CD-ROM on SE controller, 3 Seagate ST41800WD
wide diff drives on the diff controller, S3 Virge video, Intel Pro100B
Ethernet connected at 100Mbits half duplex (forced in ifconfig).

Mike Squires