Date:      Wed, 14 Jul 1999 11:58:47 +0900 (JST)
From:      ohashi@mickey.ai.kyutech.ac.jp (Takeshi OHASHI)
To:        osa@etrust.ru
Cc:        van.woerkom@netcologne.de, marc@freeamp.org, multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG, ports@FreeBSD.ORG, ohashi@mickey.ai.kyutech.ac.jp
Subject:   Re: riva-glx (3d hardware acceleration) port

osa>>On Mon, 12 Jul 1999 marc@freeamp.org wrote:
osa>>
osa>>> I put an improved version of this port on the web at
osa>>>
osa>>>     http://www.netcologne.de/~nc-vanwoma/riva-glx
osa>>>
osa>>> It should build now. Please report problems to me.
osa>>>
osa>>>
osa>>Bad news...
osa>>I think i can't work under 4.0 with my ASUSTeK 3DexPlorer
osa>>(based RIVA128)
osa>>
osa>>% cd /usr/ports/graphics/Mesa3/work/Mesa-3.0/demos
osa>>% ./gears
osa>>GLUT: Fatal Error in gears: visual with necessary capabilities not found.
osa>>
osa>>What does it means?

I don't know about that error exactly, but it seems not to suppor your
current visual. Did you recompile Mesa-3.0 and XFree86 after applied
the pathes? Did you check your XF86Config?

In our site, riva-glx ports work fine on RIVA128(RAM 4MB), RIVA128(RAM
8MB) and RIVA128TNT(RAM 16MB).

I could build xtt-SVGA-1.2.1 with 3D support. It is very nice.
--
Takeshi OHASHI
ohashi@mickey.ai.kyutech.ac.jp