Date:      Thu, 4 Nov 1999 08:42:48 -0600 (CST)
From:      mhughes@logroad.bridge.com (Michael Hughes)
To:        freebsd-smp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Compaq Proliant 6400R

  I loaded 3.2 on a Compaq Proliant 6400R.  It has 4 processors and 2 Gig
of memory.  I compiled a new kernel and booted the system with it.  It
came up and told me to add the option line on how many processors.  I
did this, recompiled the kernel and rebooted.  It comes up with the
following error messages:

panic: bad PCI bus numbering
mp_lock:00000001; cpuid=0; lapic.id=03000000

  This there something new in 3.3 that will help or has anyone seen this
before?  Thanks for your help in advance.

--
Michael Hughes                         email:mhughes@bridge.com
Bridge Information Systems, Inc.   Pager pin:3142245953