Date:      Fri, 29 Mar 2002 16:17:40 +0000
From:      Guilherme Oliveira <guilherme@nortenet.pt>
To:        Jens Rehsack <rehsack@liwing.de>
Cc:        Doug Reynolds <mav@wastegate.net>, "freebsd-questions@freebsd.org" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Bug ? Building kernel/world error on Cyrix [resolved]

Jens Rehsack wrote:

> If I run into a problem like this,
>   1st: I look for a core dump. If there is a one, I look for the last executed
>        command (in your case it seems to be perl), so I run
>          bash-2.05a# gdb perl core
>          (gdb) bt
>        now you see where the error is.

This is a good help, but I haven't begined to programm in UNIX yet.

>        I got a problem earlier and a rebuild of world and make a "make install"
>        in /usr/src/contrib/perl/libperl (or so) removed the problem.

It worked compiling code only with optimizations for i386.
I think your suggestion might work too because I have builded and
installed world+kernel just fine again with 'CPUTYPE=i686' in make.conf
and 'cpu I686_CPU' in kernel configuration  ://

>   2nd: if nothing seems to help, I delete the entire /usr/src & /usr/obj, re-cvsup
>        and rebuild it all. Also check /etc/make.conf if you make sth. ...

I did that already.

I think that I need some option in kernel configuration file specific to
this processor such as CPU_CYRIX_NO_LOCK or CPU_LOOP_EN because when
building breaked in vnode (using i686 optimizations) the cpu was almost
100% ...

Thanks for all !

--
mailto:guilherme@nortenet.pt || http://guilherme.host-valley.com/