Date:      Tue, 14 Dec 1999 18:40:38 +0100
From:      kiwi@spiritweb.org
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   CCD with two slightly different disks

Hi, I do have two 18GB 10krpm disks, yet:
   - disk 1: cylinders=2233 heads=255 sectors/track=63 (16065 blks/cyl)
   - disk 2: cylinders=2231 heads=255 sectors/track=63 (16065 blks/cyl)

otherwise the rest of geometry is the same. In the man-page
is says that I won't reach full optimum when interleave (striping)
them. In the archive of freebsd lists I found references that
both disks must be indentical. Before I install an a huge web-site
on a ccd'ed disk I want to make sure my undertake isn't useless or
run into problems at a later time.

Thanks for your assistance.

Regards,
   ,
Rene K. Mueller
Webmaster of SpiritWeb

---
Rene K. Mueller <kiwi@spiritweb.org> or <webmaster@spiritweb.org>
SpiritWeb: http://spiritweb.org/ - Large spiritual site > 3,000 pages,
           many mailing-lists, chat-places, online audio & video
SpiritArt: http://spiritart.org/ - Photography, WebArt, VideoArt