Date:      Thu, 16 Feb 2017 18:42:13 +0100
From:      fuz@fuz.su
To:        freebsd-arm@freebsd.org
Subject:   lib32 support for ARM64

Hello!

I have recently started to use FreeBSD on my Raspberry Pi 3, when I
noticed that there is no lib32 support, i.e. you cannot run 32 bit ARM
binaries. As I am currently a student with a lot of time to kill during
the summer, I am thinking about implementing this. I would like to know:

 * what needs to be ported/adapted to get lib32 support working?
 * has there been any existing work in this direction?
 * is there interest in implementing this feature?
 * if yes, would this feature be suitable for a gsoc project?

I have no experience in working on the FreeBSD kernel except for a
one-line patch I wrote to get an LPT port card running. I have (for a
student) very good knowledge of programming in C. I know how to read and
write assembly code. I have a reasonable idea of how the FreeBSD kernel
is structured.

Yours,
Robert Clausecker

--
()  ascii ribbon campaign - for an 8-bit clean world
/\  - against html email  - against proprietary attachments