Date:      Thu, 10 May 2018 21:02:54 -0400
From:      Ernie Luzar <luzar722@gmail.com>
To:        =?UTF-8?B?5p2O5ZGo5Y2O?= <ailee.email@icloud.com>
Cc:        freebsd <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: How to hide boot console message.

李周华 wrote:
> Luzar, thanks for you quickly and kindly reply 😄.
>
> Just now i download and add a .bmp image under /boot and add some lines
> in /boot/loader.conf .
> now it content is that:
>
> boot_mute="YES"
> verbose_loading="NO"
> beastie_disable="YES"
> autoboot_delay="-1"
> #kern.vty=vt
> #hw.vga.textmode=1
> i915kms_load="YES"
> #kern.vt.fb.default_mode="1280x800"
> fuse_load="YES"
> snd_hda_load="YES"
> splash_bmp_load="YES"
> bitmap_load="YES"
> bitmap_name="/boot/splash.bmp"

I see your problem now that you gave more details. Splash screen only
works with non-vt console screens. There is a bug report about this problem.

You need vt because you are running a desktop. There is no way to jump
between vt and sc console screen types after the OS is booted. This is a
known problem since 11.0 when vt became the default console screen driver.

Unless someone else jumps in with another solution I would say you have
reached the end of the road about your desire to kill all boot messages.

You said /boot/loader.conf defaulting to vt

  boot_mute="YES"
  verbose_loading="NO"
  beastie_disable="YES"
  autoboot_delay="-1"

kills all the boot messages except some networking messages. If this is
so then submit a PR about this to get those messages to abide with the
boot_mute="YES" option setting.

Good luck.