Date:      Fri, 30 May 2003 09:53:57 -0700
From:      "Sreekanth" <sreekanth@redlinenetworks.com>
To:        "'Erwane Breton'" <breton@erwane.net>, <freebsd-net@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: Collision on NIC

Hmmm..The thumb rule I generally follow is that if there are too many
collisions, I would look at the duplex settings of the NIC and the
switch.If one of them is forced(Not auto negotiated) then the other one
turns itself into Half-duplex.The ifconfig display is also cryptic in
the sense that it does not tell you explicitly that it is half-duplex.If
there is no full-duplex in ifconfig display it is half-duplex.Check
those settings again and may be you are in for a surprise..

Sreekanth