Date:      14 Dec 1999 12:21:35 -0500
From:      Arcady Genkin <a.genkin@utoronto.ca>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Make buildworld -- have I missed something?

I did a make buildworld, followed all instructions out of the
handbook with exception of dropping into single-user mode (I'm
running FreeBSD on a headless box, and taking it out of a closet, and
swapping monitors would be too much of a fuss... I decided to take the
risk).

All went well, as far as I can tell. There's one thing bothering me,
though, and I can't risk rebooting.

When I try to telnet into that box now, I get "Login incorrect" every
time. If I try to ssh into it, I get the following message:
,-----
| Disconnected; authentication error (No further authentication methods
| available.).
`-----
I'm afraid, that once I reboot the computer, I won't be able to log
into it.

I have a feeling that this has something to do with cryptography
issues (it's quite possible that I'm wrong). I do have /usr/src/crypto
directory installed, but I haven't done anything to actually use those
files... except for uncommenting "USA_RESIDENT=YES" in make.conf.

Have I done something wrong? Please advise. I'm keeping open my only
ssh connection to the box, and waiting to reboot pending your input.

I was upgrading 3.3-RELEASE into 3.4-RC. I have been following the
source tree with cvsup using
,-----
| src-all tag=RELENG_3
| cvs-crypto tag=RELENG_3
`-----

Thaks a lot!
--
Arcady Genkin                                http://wgaf.dyndns.org
"'What good is my pity? Is not the pity the cross upon which he who