Date:      Thu, 16 Mar 1995 18:49:13 -0800
From:      "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@estienne.CS.Berkeley.EDU>
To:        current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Sharing interrupts with PCI devices?

I saw some commits go by about sharing interrupts under PCI.  The
PCI motherboard I have has an aic7870 on it, and when a 2940 is
also in the machine, the bios assigns them the same interrupt.
The probe appears to run fine for the first card, but the second
card hangs sortly after initialization.  I haven't found a way to
force them onto separate interrupts in the BIOS or elsewhere, so
it looks like I'm stuck (the onboard controller cannot be disabled
:-().  Does the PCI code already contain logic to pass the proper
unit number down to the driver if two cards use the same interrupt?
__
Justin T. Gibbs
TCS Instructional Group - Programmer/Analyst 1
  Cory | Po | Danube | Volga | Parker | Torus