Date:      Sun, 27 Jan 2008 11:41:42 -0600
From:      "Jeremy Messenger" <mezz7@cox.net>
To:        "Diane Bruce" <db@db.net>
Cc:        Wes Morgan <morganw@chemikals.org>, multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: faad/faac and drm

On Sun, 27 Jan 2008 09:22:39 -0600, Diane Bruce <db@db.net> wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 13, 2007 at 02:33:33PM -0600, Jeremy Messenger wrote:
>> On Sat, 10 Nov 2007 16:44:47 -0600, Wes Morgan <morganw@chemikals.org>
>> wrote:
>>
>> >On Sat, 10 Nov 2007, Peter Schuller wrote:
>
> I should have paid more attention...
>
>> I think that --enable-drm is Digital Radio Mondiale, not Digital Rights
>> Management. I didn't check in there thought.
>
> That is correct.
>

>> >I think I saw a thread earlier this week about faac 1.26 being broken.
>> >Try downgrading to 1.25.
>>
>> Why downgrade if you can get faad/faac works when you disable drm? ;-)
>
> Because it breaks the audio/dream port? ;-)

I made that comment without have knowledge that disable drm will break
audio/dream. :-P

> And it's something I would like to play with? ;-)

http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-multimedia/2007-November/007720.html

See the follow up, he said that he will take a look at it. But I don't
know what happen to it.

> Maybe the best bet will be a faad+drm only port for now.

Nope, it will be worst problem. Best solution is to fix faad+drm by figure
why it breaks other popular applications (ex: mplayer).

Cheers,
Mezz

--
mezz7@cox.net  -  mezz@FreeBSD.org
FreeBSD GNOME Team  -  FreeBSD Multimedia Hat (ports, not src)