Date:      Sat, 7 Dec 1996 11:05:06 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Matthew N. Dodd" <winter@jurai.net>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   rxvt port

I just got around to installing a new X box and noticed that the rxvt port
is -still- at version 2.09.

I've had a port of version 2.16 for a couple of months at least, but the
last time I mentioned it here someone bitched that there was a newer
version available.

There is in fact a newer version available, but its being maintined by
Evil Linux People who have auto-conf'ed it and ripped out ALL of the BSD
support.

I don't have time to merge 2.16 and 2.20 or whatever the newest one is.

Cope.

2.16 fixes some problems that 2.09 has, in particular the color handling
code.

Gary P. is the current maintainer and he mentioned to me that I could take
rxvt if I wanted to.

I want to.

Please commit 2.16

ftp://ftp.jurai.net/users/winter/rxvt-2.16.tar.gz is the portball.

Thanks!

- Matthew N. Dodd	- winter@jurai.net - http://www.jurai.net/~winter -
- System Administrator	- mdodd@erols.com  - http://www.erols.com/        -