Date:      Mon, 27 Aug 2001 14:23:16 +0200
From:      "Karel J. Bosschaart" <karelj@wop21.wop.wtb.tue.nl>
To:        Jacco <jacco@lionsoft.xs4all.nl>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Kernel with multimedia

On Mon, Aug 27, 2001 at 01:46:23PM +0200, Jacco wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Since a few day's i've tried to make a compact (custom) kernel. Still I see
> in the compilation process than various soundblaster-drivers are still build
> in. Is there a way to compile a kernel without sound (blaster) support ?

The GENERIC kernel does not have sound support; it does not contain
'device pcm'. What you're seeing is probably the modules: they are all built
by default, including the sound modules and go into /modules. However,
they are not loaded by default (you can check with 'kldstat'). If you don't
want to build any modules, define NOMODULES.

Karel.