Date:      Thu, 13 Feb 2003 12:58:15 +0100
From:      "Harald Schmalzbauer" <H@Schmalzbauer.de>
To:        "BSD Freak" <bsd-freak@mbox.com.au>, "FreeBSD Questions" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: Authenticating a FreeBSD users to Win2K Kerberos

owner-freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> Anyone know a good HOWTO guide for authenticating FreeBSD logons to
> Win2K/Acitive Directory Kerberos server. I really need some guidance
> here as I havn't the first idea where to start....

Just for authentiation or complete user logon without having seperate
UNIX accounts?

In the latter you had to change the AD scheme because you need more info
(home, shell, different u+gID), but there are SFU (ServicesForUnix) from
Microsoft which makes the neccesary changes and also provides a NIS
server.

Just for authentication you could use pam_smb.

I can't help you with kerberos because I decided to use SFU.

Best regards,

-Harry