Date:      Tue, 16 May 2006 07:31:37 -0400
From:      "Michael A. Koerber" <mak@ll.mit.edu>
To:        stable@freebsd.org, current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: burncd audio produces white noise

All,

  Thanks for the responses.  Based on your input I did find that,
following the handbook,

  1.  Starting with a known good audio CD
  2.  Rip via dd if=/dev/acd0t01 ... etc
  3.  burncd -f /dev/acd0 track01.cdr ... etc

worked just fine.

  Thus the MP3 to CDR conversion had to be the cause.  I used the
command (tnx Lars Eighner)

  mpg123 -sr 44100 filename.mp3 > filename.cdr

and then burncd'd these tracks...worked!  I don't know if the
underlying cause is sample rate, or byte-order.  But I have a
solution...So...I'm back to getting music together for my daughter's
wedding...I'll solve the final mystery another day :-)

tnx all

Mike