Date:      Mon, 16 Apr 2001 13:34:28 +0200
From:      Andre Albsmeier <andre.albsmeier@mchp.siemens.de>
To:        Chuck Robey <chuckr@picnic.chuckr.org>
Cc:        Andre Albsmeier <andre.albsmeier@mchp.siemens.de>, ctm-announce@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Duplicate cvs-cur deltas

On Sun, 15-Apr-2001 at 16:30:29 -0400, Chuck Robey wrote:
> On Sun, 15 Apr 2001, Andre Albsmeier wrote:

> > > Thanks, Stephen, I think I have it right now, the aliases that I was using
> > > were wrong.  I think both the normal and fast lists should be OK now.
> >
> > Hmm, I only got the ports files until now... I thought that the other
> > CTM lists I am subscribed to would need some more time. However, yesterday
> > I was told by another subscriber that he received src-4 and src-cur
> > already as well. I sent a mail to majordomo and found out that I am
> > still subscribed to all lists. However, apart from the ports files,
> > I didn't get any newer CTMs.
> >
> > Does somebody know what's is going on here? I will unsubscribe and
> > subscribe again; hoping that this helps...

Well, I didn't do it. It was just a shot in the dark...

> I forgot to say in the last mail, but I have to repeat it here because so
> many folks have suggested that unsubscribe/subscribe thing: it won't have
> any good effect, at the best, nothing will happen, and in fact it's more
> likely that you'll make a mistake and THEN have a real problem.
>
> The lists were not damaged in any way whatsoever in the loss of the old
> ctm machine, and you should NOT unsubscribe/resubscribe.  The majordomo
> lists have been remarkably reliable and stable.
>
> If you still have problems (remember ctm comes out only 3 times per day,
> and on src-3, maybe not that often) then write me.  If you think it

Well, I got the new -ports files starting with the first one
(ports-cur.3718.gz). I have never seen other ones for the lists
I am subscribed to. When I read the message about duplicate CTM's
I thought it might be possible that if others receive duplicates
these might be the ones I am missing. Yesterday in the night I got
src-4.0495.gz and src-cur.4783.gz which were the first ones I saw
regarding these two branches. I have received the missing src-4
files via private email (thanks Matsuda-san). For the src-cur stuff,
I can wait until the ftp servers are set up...

I think everything might be ok now (at least regarding my subscription)

I'd like to thank you for your efforts you are putting into CTM.

	-Andre