Date:      Thu, 22 Jun 2017 17:43:54 +0200
From:      fml <tetrosalame@gmail.com>
To:        Steve Burton <steve@sliderule.demon.co.uk>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: gptid, diskid and ufsid appears after power-cut and fsck

On Mon, Jun 19, 2017 at 05:06:10PM +0100, Steve Burton wrote:
> I've just had a brief power-cut which froze both of my FreeBSD 10.3 REL
> servers. Both machines correctly found that / hadn't been correctly
> dismounted. After restarting them in single user mode and running 'fsck
> /' (twice) until the file system was clean, I rebooted them in
> multi-user mode.
>
> One of them needed a while while the /root mirror was rebuilt. Mirrors
> are managed by gmirror.

[...]

> Previously, the ufsid's, diskid's and gptid's didn't appear in this list
> and my questions are:
>
> Should I be concerned and how do correct this?

If your mirrors are fine (gmirror status says COMPLETE) and filesystems
on them are fine too, I think you can just disable gptid, diskid and
ufsid since you're not using them.
Add to your /boot/loader.conf these lines:

kern.geom.label.disk_ident.enable=0
kern.geom.label.gptid.enable=0
kern.geom.label.ufsid.enable=0

About labels and geom: man glabel .