Date:      Mon, 14 May 2007 10:21:16 +0200
From:      VANHULLEBUS Yvan <vanhu_bsd@zeninc.net>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re:  NAT Traversal Patches ...

Hi all.

On Sat, May 12, 2007 at 01:14:08AM -0500, Matthew Grooms wrote:
> Alfred Perlstein wrote:
> >Matthew, can you provide links to the patches and surrounding
> >discussion.  It may just be a matter of integration manpower...
> >

> Here is a link to the 6.x patch set. I'm not sure where the most recent
>  patches are for head. Yvan will probably be willing to point us in the
> right direction.
>
> http://ipsec-tools.sf.net/freebsd6-natt.diff

As the file name says, this patch is up to date for FreeBSD6, but does
not apply directly for FreeBSD's HEAD (well, it may apply but it won't
compile).

I just put the up to date patch for HEAD here:
http://vanhu.free.fr/patch-natt-freebsd-HEAD-new.diff
(thanks to Emmanuel Dreyfus from NetBSD project and Larry Baird from
GTA, this patch is a team effort !)

but I couldn't re-test it recently (I'll restart a FreeBSD 7 station
this evening).

> As for the surrounding discussion, I haven't seen anything recently
> about why the changes haven't been integrated. I was hoping my post
> would seed a new discussion regarding this.

I exchanged private mails with Sam Leffler and George V. Neville-Neil
some months ago.

George told me he was interested in the patch and would have a look at
it, but he also told me that he had some other stuff, and looks like
we also had some lost mails (I know that at least two of my mails were
sent back by some mailer daemons on the way).

George, I guess you're reading the thread, if you didn't get my mail
with the latest version of the patch... well, you also have the URL,
now !

Yvan.

--
NETASQ