Date:      Fri, 9 Jun 1995 10:42:50 -0500 (CDT)
From:      "Eric L. Hernes" <erich@lodgenet.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   ppp over tcp

how do I do it?

from the ppp manpage:

       o Supports PPP over TCP capability.

I assume this means that I can telnet to an ISP, then run the equivalent
of `ppp -direct' to initiate the ppp server and have a ppp link running
over the initial telnet connection.  How do I initiate this from
ppp, what do I set as the device etc...

Another application of this could be some security.  For example a
person could get a ppp/slip/ethernet connection to a local service
providor, then fire up a pap/chap authenticated link to some other
secure/paranoid machine across the net.  Is this true, or is there a
simpler way?

eric.

--
erich@lodgenet.com