Date:      Mon, 9 Feb 1998 18:28:50 -0700
From:      Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>
To:        Kevin Street <street@iName.com>
Cc:        freebsd-java@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Java bug with setMenuBar()

> I've found a bug (restriction? feature?) with setMenuBar.  I'd like to
> swap menu bars in my awt application in some circumstances.  When I
> call setMenuBar the entire application window moves up & left on the
> screen

For what it's worth, if I run this program on a Solaris box and display
it on my FreeBSD box, I get the exact same behavior.  (But only one
time.)  Under FreeBSD (running locally) it continues to do this many
time, so I'm not sure what's causing this.  There is definitely
different behavior, but it still's jumps under Solaris.

I don't have the ability to easily test it both running and display
under Solaris though.

For now, I'm considering it a 'buglet', which is not quite a bug, but
neither should it be ignored.

Nate