Date:      Mon, 6 Jul 1998 10:04:48 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Steve Bernacki Jr." <steve@ziplink.net>
To:        vega vega <vega1@rocketmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: cant get ess1868 plug n play sound card working

I encountered problems getting this sound card to work as well.  Save
yourself the headache-- go over to http://www.4front-tech.com and
download their OSS sound driver.  The driver has a free 7 day trial
period: if you're happy with it (e.g., it works), you can purchase it for
$20.

I had very limited sucess with both the voxware sound driver and Luigi's
driver for this sound chip: 4front-tech's sound driver worked without any
hassles whatsoever.  To me, it's well worth the $20 to prevent hours of
frustration. :)

-S

On Sun, 5 Jul 1998, vega vega wrote:

> i have an ess1868 plug n play sound card that, try as
> i might, will not work. ive tried both the snd0 with
> voxware drivers and the luigi driver

[snip]

--
Steve Bernacki, Jr. |