Date:      Sat, 19 May 2001 23:21:45 +0200
From:      Erik Trulsson <ertr1013@student.uu.se>
To:        "Michael P. Soulier" <msoulier@storm.ca>
Cc:        FreeBSD-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: file completion

On Sat, May 19, 2001 at 05:14:49PM -0400, Michael P. Soulier wrote:
>     Hey people. I notice that the default shell on FreeBSD is a posix
> implementation of Bourne-Shell with some ksh features. I was searching the sh
> manpage for how to enable filename completion, but I couldn't find anything.
> Is there a way to do this? I'm referring to the ability to hit <Tab> or <Esc>
> and complete filenames, which I'm used to from csh and bash.

/bin/sh doesn't have support for filename completion AFAIK.
If you want that you can always use csh (actually tcsh) which is
included in the base system or you can install some other shell which
supports it, like bash or zsh, from the ports collection.

--
<Insert your favourite quote here.>
Erik Trulsson