Date:      Sat, 21 Mar 1998 19:07:46 -0600
From:      Karl Denninger  <karl@mcs.net>
To:        dyson@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        scottm@cs.ucla.edu, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG, scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: John's latest round of changes

On Sat, Mar 21, 1998 at 07:53:10PM -0500, John S. Dyson wrote:
> Karl Denninger said:
> > One other thing - it appears that the CAM patches with John's fixes are
> > SERIOUSLY unstable.  Without CAM John's latest commits appear to fix the
> > stability and disk corruption problems.
> >
> > With CAM the corruption doesn't happen, but stability is in the toilet.
> >
> I'll grab a copy of Justin's patches.  I don't have any SCSI hard drives
> (yet), so can only do limited testing with a CDROM.

Note that one patch to ccd.c has an offset problem with the latest version
(no big deal, but you have to go fix it up manually) and the patch to
autoconf.c is just plain broken (but doesn't hurt to leave out).

Karl Denninger (karl@MCS.Net)| MCSNet - Serving Chicagoland and Wisconsin
http://www.mcs.net/          | T1's from $600 monthly / All Lines K56Flex/DOV