Date:      Tue, 7 Sep 2021 18:51:37 +0200
From:      Wolfram Schneider <wosch@freebsd.org>
To:        Mehmet Erol Sanliturk <m.e.sanliturk@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-current <freebsd-current@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Move the Handbook into source tree

We have 3 main repos: src, ports and doc. There are good reasons why
we are doing this, and it will not change in the near future. For
further questions and details, please ask on the freebsd-docs mailing
list.

You are right that the documentation on our web site is mostly for
-current, the state of the art of the code base. If you need the
documentation for our supported releases please check our
Documentation Archive at

 https://docs.freebsd.org/doc/

and select your favourite release, e.g.

the handbook for FreeBSD 13.0