Date:      Wed, 9 Dec 1998 16:06:39 -0800 (PST)
From:      Conor Dixon <conor@bigwoop.vicor-nb.com>
To:        julian@whistle.com, root@bigwoop.vicor-nb.com
Cc:        cayford@bigwoop.vicor-nb.com, conor@bigwoop.vicor-nb.com, daver@bigwoop.vicor-nb.com, jason@idiom.com, larry@bigwoop.vicor-nb.com, lorraine@idiom.com, scott@bigwoop.vicor-nb.com, scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: any recovery from these disk errors?

Thanks for answering Julian... oh and hello..

>re there other retries other than 2?

Yes there were plenty of retries, no joy anytime

>it abandos the operation after 4 retries so if you only see a 2nd
>retry it probably got it's act together and successfully completed
>the operation. This is under what? 2.2.7?

We tried it on 2 machines , one with FreeBSD 2.2.2-RELEASE #0:
and the other with FreeBSD 2.1-STABLE #0:
Same results with both

the device itself is a regular 4.3gig barracuda scsi disk

Dave Robison was here on Sunday mapping bad blocks after a complete
blackout due to the storm Saturday night. bigwoop did come up fine on
Monday (including this disk)

Conor