Date:      14 Dec 1999 13:00:27 -0500
From:      Arcady Genkin <a.genkin@utoronto.ca>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   pwd_mkdb and handbook

I figured out the source of my problems after make world. I had to run
"pwd_mkdb /etc/master.passwd", and then all worked well.

Why did I have to do that? I have kept my old passwd and master.passwd
files, as well as old pwd.db.

Shouldn't this be in the handbook, in the section 18.4 (Using make
world ...)? Took me quite some time to figure it out, and I only did
that following my instincts...
--
Arcady Genkin                                http://wgaf.dyndns.org
"'What good is my pity? Is not the pity the cross upon which he who