Date:      Sat, 14 Feb 2004 17:23:22 -0000
From:      "Edmund Craske" <edmund@m00is.net>
To:        "'Bob Perry'" <rperry4@earthlink.net>, "'FreeBSD-Questions'" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: Branch Tags vs Release Tags

This is the one you want, as it contains all the fixes etc since 4.9
was released.

>     The release branch for FreeBSD-4.9, used only for security
>     advisories and other critical fixes.
>
> or,
>

> RELENG_4_9_0_RELEASE

This one is exactly as released, ie what you get on the install CD.

>     FreeBSD 4.9
>
> I understand that the Release tag references FreeBSD version
> at a given
> point in time, but is there a problem selecting RELENG_4_9,
> "...used only for security advisories and other critical fixes."

No problem, in fact it would make little sense not to use this branch.
It has all the security vulnerabilities since original release patched
and any other critical fixes worthy of committing.

> Thanks
> Bob Perry

Ed