Date:      Fri, 31 Dec 1999 16:07:40 -0800
From:      Keith Wong <keith@1connect.com>
To:        freebsd-java@freebsd.org, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   java JNI compile problems

Hi All,
I want to use the java JNI to integrated with C.  And, i tried to follow
the example at the java.sun's website.  then I get the problem when I
try to compile the shared the library using gcc -g, then i get the
error.  i don't know is the -g parameter that i used it's right or not.
the error i got are:
/usr/lib/crt1.o: In function `_start':
/usr/lib/crt1.o(.text+0x69): undefined reference to `main'

I try the same step at Win98 with Visual C++ and it worked with no
problems.
May be I need the right parameter.  Is the JNI work at Freebsd? Thanks
for the help!!
Here are the source.

Keith

HelloWorld.java
class HelloWorld {
    public native void displayHelloWorld();

    static {
        System.loadLibrary("hello");
    }

        new HelloWorld().displayHelloWorld();
    }
}
%javac HelloWorld.java
%javah -jni HelloWord
HelloWorld.h
/* DO NOT EDIT THIS FILE - it is machine generated */
#include <jni.h>
/* Header for class HelloWorld */

#ifndef _Included_HelloWorld
#define _Included_HelloWorld
#ifdef __cplusplus
extern "C" {
#endif
/*
 * Class:     HelloWorld
 * Method:    displayHelloWorld
 * Signature: ()V
 */
JNIEXPORT void JNICALL Java_HelloWorld_displayHelloWorld
  (JNIEnv *, jobject);
#ifdef __cplusplus
}
#endif
#endif
HelloWorldImp.c
#include <jni.h>
#include "HelloWorld.h"
#include <stdio.h>

JNIEXPORT void JNICALL
Java_HelloWorld_displayHelloWorld(JNIEnv *env, jobject obj)
{
    printf("Hello world!\n");
    return;
}

% gcc -g -I/usr/local/jdk1.1.8/include/
-I/usr/local/jdk1.1.8/include/freebsd HelloWorldImp.c
-o libhello.so