Date:      Fri, 14 Feb 2003 16:16:32 -0500
From:      northern snowfall <dbailey27@ameritech.net>
To:        Henrik W Lund <laksefiskerbsd@hotmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Hard error??

> Anyway, it seems like I have just got to get myself a new drive. On
> that note, has anybody got any idea what I should go for? Any vendors
> whose drives do NOT cave in after half a year? ;)

I choose Maxtor for several reasons. First off, I've been using Maxtor
disks the most since I started out in computers and haven't had one fail
yet (running every OS i've tested). Now that I'm alittle more experienced,
I use Maxtor because of its standing credibility with me, and, because
the Chairman of the T13[1] (technical committee for ATA[-ATAPI]
development) is from Maxtor Corporation. They are most likely to want
to adhere to a published specification (along with other T13 members),
rather than develop chipsets that are rushed to keep up with a $25 billion
a year industry.
Don
[1] T13 technical committee http://www.t13.org/