Date:      Thu, 27 Feb 2003 12:56:11 -0800
From:      Scott Reese <sreese@codysbooks.com>
To:        freebsd-java@freebsd.org
Subject:   Tomcat 4.1.18, Apache 1.3.27 and jk?

[Please cc: me in any replies as I am not currently subbed to this list.
  Thank you.]

Hello,

My ISP is going to be upgrading our server within the next few weeks and
we also wanted to upgrade Tomcat to version 4.1.18.  There is one small
problem with this, however.  There is currently no port of jk or jk2
that will allow us to let Tomcat 4 and Apache play together.  mod_webapp
is not really an option because that is only for Apache 2 and (according
to the Tomcat docs) is a poor substitute for jk.  I know there is a lot
of interest in something like this as I've found numerous other
instances of people asking my same question, but there seems to be no
answer currently.  In light of this, I was wondering if there were plans
to make a port of jk or jk2 for Tomcat 4 so that we may take advantage
of the newer features and better perfomance of Tomcat 4.  Or, if no
plans are in the works, does anyone have a working set up where Apache
1.3.27 and Tomcat 4.1.18 are working together as they should?  If so,
I'd be very interested in hearing about how this was accomplished.

Thank you,
Scott