Date:      Sun, 14 Jul 2002 15:48:46 -0700
From:      Joshua Lokken <joloxbox@attbi.com>
To:        Samuel Chow <cyschow@shaw.ca>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: installing BSD

>	The 'hard error' pretty much indicates a bad disk.
>	Since the bad track (tn = 13) is at the beginning of
>	the disk, you might want to try to create a small FAT
>	slice to skip the bad track.
>
>	If I were you, I would go buy and replace this dying
>	disk.
>
>---
>Samuel Chow
>cyschow@shaw.ca

In regards to your answer to this persons question, if I have a drive that I
know has some bad blocks, first, if I map the drive to skip these blocks, how
reliable is said drive, and second, how would I go about mapping the bad
blocks with FreeBSD (which utility)?  Thanks in advance for any help you
can give.

--
Best Regards,

Joshua Lokken