Date:      Thu, 16 Feb 1995 03:43:04 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@estienne.CS.Berkeley.EDU>
To:        Tim.Hadlow@mail.bl.uk (Tim Hadlow)
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Adaptec support

> Hello,
>
> I have an Intel P90 PCI motherboard with an Adaptec AHA-2940 PCI
> bus SCSI controller.  When I try to install FreeBSD 2.0 from the
> Walnut Creek CD-ROM no disk drive is detected by the Diskspace editor,
> is there any support yet (or coming) for my Adaptec controller?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Tim.
> tim.hadlow@bl.uk

If you have FTP access, I would suggest trying the latest snapshot
of FreeBSD:

ftp.cdrom.com://pub/FreeBSD/2.0-950219-SNAP/floppies/boot.flp.gz

This has 294x preliminary 294x support.  The kernel on this disc
is not compatible with all the binaries on the 2.0R CDROM, so you
may wan't to pull the whole bindist down.

If you have any problems with the boot disk, drop me a line.  I wrote
the 294x support.

--
Justin T. Gibbs
TCS Instructional Group - Programmer/Analyst 1