Date:      28 Sep 2001 09:57:20 +0100
From:      Wayne Pascoe <wayne.pascoe@ehsrealtime.com>
To:        RJ45 <rj45@slacknet.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ipfilter

RJ45 <rj45@slacknet.com> writes:

> Will FreeBSD continue to include ipfilter in the source code or the
> OpenBSD events with ipfilter will have a negative result also for FreeBSD
> or NetBSD ??
> What Darren said about FreeBSD ipfilter support ?
> thanks

From what I know, Darren reached a civil, amicable agreement with just
about everyone aside from the OpenBSD project maintainers. FreeBSD
should continue to include ipfilter in the base distro, and you will
still have the option to compile it on just about any platform you
wish to.

HTH.

--
Wayne Pascoe <wayne.pascoe@ehsrealtime.com>

Things fall apart; the center cannot hold;
Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world. - Yeats